Kept In Stitches

Kept In Stitches

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hand Piecing Excitement

                                       Hand Piecing Class @ Rosalie's Fabric Crafts



Last weekend I was so excited to be learning a new stamped method of hand piecing.  You all know how I love to hand quilt and now I can add hand piecing to my skills!


 This class was just sew much fun and we were in awe as our flower blocks from "Aunt Hattie's Hexagons" came to life with perfect point intersections :)   We all were squealing with delight as we went along hand piecing to our heart's content.  Who knew my fingers could become such a great little sewing machine?  The method we were taught was using Cindy Blackberg's stamps instead of having to trace around templates.  This sure made things easy and a lot quicker.  Just think of the money I could have saved on sewing machines had I taken this class years ago!  Probably not though, as I have to admit that I love the fact of being able to get quilts done quickly with machine piecing and machine quilting as well. (Don't worry Tin Lizzie, you are to remain in my quilting studio for a long time to come!)

                 The smalll table topper sample seen here will be my first completed hand piecing project.

Rosalie's Fabric Crafts is a great little quilt shop located inside Rosalie's home outside of Ludlow Falls, OH.  Just have to make sure you don't miss the little sign on top her mailbox and the narrow winding trail back to her house!

I haven't been able to put down my hand piecing since taking this class and am really enjoying the pleasure and relaxation it provides.  Seeing how quickly I can make progress is just awesome.  Just checkout all I've completed in the picture below!


                                                Thirteen blocks completed already!


                                                   The reverse side of my hand piecing

Soon I hope to be able to post a picture of my completed table topper on the center of my kitchen table in all it's glory!!  I must say that I now have a new found love of hand piecing to go along with my love of hand quilting!!  My next project planned in hand piecing is a queen size feathered star quilt.....stay tuned!

1 comment: